Anti-fishing groups and radical environmental interests are pushing an agenda on marine fisheries issues affecting America’s saltwater anglers. At the Recreational Fishing Alliance (RFA), we’re pushing back to protect your right to fish!
Incorporated in 1996 as a 501(c)(4) national, grassroots political action organization, RFA is in the trenches, lobbying, educating decision makers and ensuring that the interests of America’s coastal anglers are being heard loud and clear. Click here to learn more about what we’re up against, and why joining the Recreational Fishing Alliance (RFA) is so important when it comes to protecting your right to fish.
As your watchdog, RFA understands what recreational fishing is worth to you – we were founded specifically to represent recreational fishermen and the recreational fishing industry on marine fisheries issues on every coast, with state chapters established to spearhead the regional issues while building local support for the overall RFA mission:
“To safeguard the rights of saltwater anglers, protect marine, boat and tackle industry jobs and ensure the long-term sustainability of U.S. saltwater fisheries.”
RFA was the first national, grassroots political action organization established to represent the rights of recreational fishermen and the recreational fishing industry as a whole on marine fisheries issues, and we remain the only one. It is our stated, chartered mission to safeguard the rights of saltwater anglers, protect marine, boat and tackle industry jobs, and ensure the long-term sustainability of our Nation’s saltwater fisheries – that is our constitution, it is what we live by every single day on your behalf as a recreational fisherman – from a recreational perspective, it’s all about the fish, the fishermen and the fishing industry.
Sure, some groups talk a good game about your rights, but we’re the only group federally chartered to actually lobby for your interests in Washington DC and coastal capitals around the country – that’s why RFA is able to be first for anglers!
Read more about RFA’s ongoing efforts on behalf of saltwater anglers by checking out our bimonthly newsletters along the right-hand side of this page. You’ll find unique articles about fisheries management written by and about some of the most recognizable advocates in the recreational fishing community, including Gary Caputi, Barry Gibson, Tred Barta, Jim Donofrio, Jim Hutchinson, Jack Holmes, Tom Hilton and more.
- Go to our Contact Us section to learn more about getting engaged in an RFA coastal chapter in your area.
- Be sure to Join us for just $35 a year so that your voice is added to the growing army of active and engaged saltwater anglers hoping to see more common sense incorporated into our national fisheries debate.
- Shop around for t-shirts, hats and bumper stickers so that you can show off your RFA membership with pride while contributing to our political action efforts from coast to coast.
- Be sure to visit the Benefits section to find great deals available exclusively to RFA members nationwide, including special 50% off pricing on Hobie Polarized sunglasses.
- Click on Supporters to get a look at some of the local and national manufacturers and various organizations which annually pledge support to RFA (be sure to contact us to see your group listed!)
And no matter what else you decide right now, at the very least click on one of the links below and get immediately engaged in the fisheries management process, either by signing up for free RFA email alerts through ConstantContact, joining the ongoing discussion and debate at RFA’s Facebook page, or by signing in to the RFA Twitter feed for regular messages pertaining to your right to fish.